Symptoms and signs of myocarditis is depends on the extent of lesion and location. serious patient is sudden death, but mild may be asymptomatic.
Myocarditis Symptoms include follow:
Symptoms of myocarditis may be seen in the original disease or recovery. Prior to the onset, the majority of patients have fever, body ache, pharyngodynia, diarrhea and other symptoms, reflecting the systemic infection, but some patients also have mild symptoms and indistinctively. Patients with myocarditis often have chest tightness, precordial pain, palpitations, fatigue, nausea, dizziness. Clinical diagnosis of myocarditis, 90% of the first symptoms is arrhythmia, a few patients can happen syncope or Adams-Stokes syndrome. A very small number of patients developed rapidly after the onset, and have symptoms include cardiogenic shock or heart failure.
Myocarditis signs include follow:
1. Cardiomegaly: the expansion of light from the heart does not normally have a temporary expansion to resume shortly. Significantly expanded to reflect the heart of extensive and severe myocarditis.
2. Heart rate changes: heart rate and body temperature do not match, or unusually slow heart rate, are suspicious signs of myocarditis.
3. Phonocardiogram changes: first sound apical area can be reduced or split. Fetal heart sound can be kind of showed. Pericardial friction sound reflected the emergence of the existence of pericarditis.
4. Murmur: systolic apical area there may be hair-like noise or diastolic murmur, which are fever, anemia, caused by the expansion of the heart cavity, which is caused by left ventricular enlargement due to the relative nature of mitral stenosis. Not more than three noise loudness. A turn for the better after the disappearance of myocarditis.
5. Arrhythmias: very common, there are all kinds of arrhythmia, atrial and ventricular premature beats in the most common, followed by atrioventricular block, in addition, atrial fibrillation, sick sinus syndrome can be appear. Arrhythmia is one of the reasons for sudden death.
6. Heart failure: severe diffuse myocarditis can occur in patients with acute heart failure, is cardiac pump failure, about the same time heart failure, caused by low cardiac output, the performance in addition to the general heart failure, cardiac easily combined shock.