Mitral valve prolapse Symptoms
What are Symptoms of Mitral valve prolapse?
Most patients have no obvious symptoms. Common Mitral valve prolapse symptoms include:
1. Chest pain: the incidence of 60% to 70% in patient, is located in precordium, can be dull pain, sharp pain or pain like knife cuts, usually a lesser extent, the duration of a few minutes to a few hours, and not related to exertion or mental factors, sublingual nitroglycerin can not make it to ease.
2. Palpitations: appeared in 50% of patients. May be related to arrhythmias such as frequent premature ventricular beats, paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia or ventricular tachycardia, but Holter monitoring and atrioventricular bundle electrogram inspection found that some patients with palpitations and arrhythmia correlation is not high.
3. Dyspnea and fatigue: 40% of patients have shortness of breath, fatigue, often the first symptoms of Mitral valve prolapse. Some patients have reduced exercise capacity. Severe hydraulic mitral valve can occur left ventricular dysfunction.
4. The other symptoms may have dizziness, syncope, vascular migraine, cerebral ischemia, as well as anxiety, tension easily excited, fear and hyperventilation and other neuropsychiatric symptoms.
What are signs of Mitral valve prolapse?
1. Cardiac auscultation: apical area or its medial can hear systolic click, the sound in the first heart sound emerged after more than 0.14 seconds for the tendons are stretched or suddenly leaves valve prolapse all of a sudden caused by the suspension. Music can be heard immediately Kara late systolic murmur hair-like, often incremental type, a small number for the entire systolic murmur, and to cover up the sound Kara. Sometimes can be heard in the apical zone of high-profile music loud late systolic murmur, a similar kind of whooping cough. Systolic murmur occur sooner, the longer it appears that the more severe mitral regurgitation. Where can reduce resistance to left ventricular ejection, reducing venous return, and enhance myocardial contractile force of left ventricular end-diastolic volume reduction measures, such as physical or drug legislation, and hold one's breath, tachycardia, amyl nitrite inhalation, may make systolic click and murmur in advance. On the other hand, who can increase left ventricular ejection resistance, increased venous return, decreased myocardial contractility of left ventricular end-diastolic volume increase for the physiological factors or drugs are squat, bradycardia , β receptor blockers, may make systolic click and murmur delay.
2. Other signs: heart throb was a double, and in the contraction of the medium-term with the Kara appears sound at the same time, the heart suddenly back out of the heart throb suddenly suspended. Patients with an inability to multi-body type, can be associated with straight back, scoliosis or lordosis, pectus excavatum.