Mitral stenosis Symptoms
Mitral stenosis Symptoms include as follow:
1. Breathing difficulties: is the earliest symptoms of Mitral stenosis, mainly due to reduced lung compliance. With the course of development, in daily routines, patient can occur Breathing difficulties. If have fatigue, agitation, respiratory tract infections, sexual intercourse, pregnancy or rapid atrial fibrillation and other incentives can cause acute pulmonary edema.
2. Cough: more sleep at night and after work. Mostly dry; or lung infection complicated by bronchitis, sputumcoctum. Significantly expand the oppression of the left atrium can also cause bronchial cough.
1) hemosputum, and bronchitis, lung infections, and congestive heart or lung rupture of the capillaries; often accompanied by paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea; mitral stenosis late pulmonary hemorrhage infarction also hemoptysis sputum may be;
2) a large number of hemoptysis was due to a sudden increase in left atrial pressure, which cause bronchial bleeding. Was particularly prevalent in the early mitral stenosis, only mild or moderate in patients with elevated pulmonary artery.
3) bubble pink sputum, and due to capillary rupture, which is characteristic of acute pulmonary edema.
4. Chest pain: about 15% patient with mitral stenosis have chest pain symptoms, may be due to hypertrophy of the right ventricular wall tension increased, reduced cardiac output lead to right ventricular ischemia. Symptoms can be eased by the mitral commissurotomy.
5. Thromboembolism: 20% of patients with mitral stenosis occur thromboembolic, in 80% had atrial fibrillation. Embolism can occur in the cerebro-vascular, coronary and renal arteries, some patients may be recurrent.
6. Other symptoms: the expansion of the left atrium and left pulmonary artery can oppress the left recurrent laryngeal nerve, and occur symptoms that is hoarseness; the increased left atrium can oppress esophagus, cause dysphagia; right ventricular failure may be occur loss of appetite, abdominal distension, nausea and other symptoms.