1) intestinal malabsorption is common causes of hypomagnesemia: severe diarrhea, malabsorption syndrome, ulcerative colitis, large bowel resection, liver cirrhosis, biliary tract disease.
2) an increase in aldosterone secretion: patients with congestive heart failure because of sodium and water secondary Beach stay there is often accompanied by increased secretion of aldosterone, increased secretion of aldosterone so that intestinal magnesium absorption and reduced renal tubular reabsorption of magnesium. The performance of primary aldosteronism have hypomagnesemia.
3) kidney diseases: such as chronic pyelonephritis, renal tubular acidosis associated with some cases of tubular reabsorption function decline, and many acute renal failure urine period.
4) more than about half of patients with hyperthyroidism and hyperparathyroidism have hypomagnesemia.
5) diabetic acidosis: because of a significant increase in urinary magnesium can cause hypomagnesemia, insulin treatment, the transfer of magnesium to the cells, can increase the low blood magnesium.
6) use certain medicines: long-term applications such as diuretics, gentamicin, immunosuppressive agents, so that increased renal magnesium row.