What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism is condition that increased density of hairs, and longer and much, more than the normal physiological range in women, the general performance in the face, genitals, armpits, abdomen, back and four limbs increased hair growth and thickening black, some long beard, chest hair and nipples long-haired, often accompanied by irregular menstruation, sex apathy.
What causes Hirsutism in women?
The common causes of hirsutism include adrenal tumors, ovarian tumors, polycystic ovary, ovarian hyperthecosis and primary hirsutism. Possible cause as follow:
1. Congenital: includes family hirsutism, premature disease, male hermaphroditism and primary hirsutism. Primary hirsutism is caused by hair follicle sensitive to endogenous androgen or dihydro testosterone increased.
2. Brain and hypothalamic lesions, such as encephalitis, multiple sclerosis, and hyperplasia of the skull can cause hirsutism.
3. Pituitary hirsutism, such as acromegaly, diabetes, Cushing's syndrome secondary can cause hirsutism.
4. Youth hypothyroidism can cause hirsutism.
5. Adrenal gland disease Cushing's syndrome can cause hirsutism.
6. Women with menopause or polycystic ovary or ovarian hyperthecosis or ovarian tumors can cause hirsutism.
7. Women due to use exogenous drugs (such as androgen, phenytoin satisfied, synthetic progesterone, cortisone) or pregnancy, mental anorexia, tension or mental stimulation can cause hirsutism in women.
What are symptoms of Hirsutism in women?
Excessive hair growth at some parts in women, usually occur in the upper and lower extremities, face; the distribution is tendency to man, hair in upper lips, ears, forehead, and neck fast increase. Around the nipple, under umbilicus midline, can found long hair, pubic hair distribution of diamond-shaped, upward and around the development to the anus. Sometimes associated with masculinity, such as occur Adam's apple, tone low and clitoris hypertrophy.
How is Hirsutism diagnosis?
Some tests use to diagnosis for hirsutism:
1) basal hormone levels test: including serum T, DHEA S, 17A2-hydroxy progesterone, prolactin, LH, FSH and SHBG, on the PCOS, congenital adrenal hyperplasia and ovarian or adrenal tumors have a better screening effect.
2) excitement and inhibition test: not completely congenital adrenal hyperplasia should perform ACTH stimulation test; Cushing syndrome should perform dexamethasone suppression test.
3) abdominal B ultrasound and CT and pituitary magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is an important method of Hirsutism diagnosis.
How is Hirsutism treatment?
Treatment of Hirsutism is Permanent hair removal surgery (including: laser hair removal, hair removal photon, Intense Pulsed Light hair removal, hair removal electric needle).
Female hirsutism is abnormal hair growth in women, pathological manifestations that distribution of body hair were the characteristics of male. Mild hirsutism that hair is only found in more localized, severe hirsutism that was hairy from head to foot. hirsutism occurred in a family genetic, and tumors, endocrine disorders and certain drugs. In addition, an idiopathic hirsutism accounted for the majority hirsutism women, maybe those women's hair is too sensitive to androgen. Treatment for hirsutism women, modern medicine use corticosteroid and anti-androgen such as dexamethasone, oral contraceptives, cimetidine, spironolactone and other drugs, but the effect is poor, and after stopping easy to relapse, at the same time, have side effects include loss of libido, depression, dry skin, itching, nausea, high blood pressure.