The fourth ventricle tumor Symptoms
Symptoms of The fourth ventricle tumor include Intracranial hypertension, transforminal herniation, Cerebellar and Brainstem symptoms, Optic papilla change and more.
1. Intracranial hypertension. Fourth ventricle tumors in a shorter course of disease in general, can occur early intracranial hypertension because of cerebrospinal fluid circulation blockage. Almost all patients with symptoms for fourth ventricle tumor is headache that caused by intracranial hypertension, accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Some patients have dizziness at the same time. After mostly in occipital headache. From the fourth ventricle tumor-induced headache, vomiting and dizziness mostly volatility, reflected in intermittent attack by the head position and position changes induced. Thus patients often maintain a special position, the so-called forced head position, the patient may be buckling head forward or backward, but also to attacks on both sides to reduce buckling. A small number of patients due to head position and changes in body position at the end of the fourth ventricle of the nucleus by various stimuli to produce clinical symptoms such as dizziness, headache, vomiting, diplopia, nystagmus, and changes in vital signs, or even coma. Intraventricular tumor and some activity more, when not blocked midbrain, in the hole and side holes, the patients do not have a headache and vomiting, such as intracranial hypertension symptoms; head or body position changes, as tumors in the brain indoor mobile, a sudden blockage of the cerebrospinal fluid circulation path, so the patient can occur attack of intracranial hypertension, severe intracranial hypertension crisis will lead to the cerebellum and the formation of cerebral hernia.
2. Chronic transforminal herniation. As a result of tumor growth suppression and continuously to the extrusion of brain tissue increased, long-term intracranial hypertension, resulting in cerebellar tonsillar herniation to the foramen magnum, the clinical symptoms appear. But the patient is better as a hernia of the cerebellar tonsils can be congestion and edema, compression of medulla oblongata and upper cervical spinal cord, but the general symptoms of patients with no or only minor clinical symptoms. Cerebellar tonsillar herniation as a result of the fourth ventricle can Mesoporous blocked, so that further increase intracranial pressure, which in turn could exacerbate the extent of the brain. Foramen magnum herniation Chronic mostly adhesions and difficult to reset.
1) occipital pain: As the hernia so that the material parts of the foramen magnum meninges, blood vessels and the upper cervical nerve root by the stimulation of pain caused by occipital, on the grounds that such pain and neck pain to the occipital radiation. Ministry of patients often suboccipital tenderness.
2) neck stiffness and forced the first place: as a result of hernia of the brain tissue of the medulla oblongata and the oppression of the upper cervical spinal cord, so that the neck muscles to produce a protective reflex, the occurrence of cramps, so that the head kept at a fixed location in order to avoid changes in head position so that the symptoms increase. This rigidity of the neck often free of lesions or serious side to the side, it is generally flat on both sides of the cerebellum the level of a body the majority of hernia is almost equal, so the majority of patients the extent of neck muscle spasm is the same.
3) Transforminal herniation, due to cranial nerves after the group subjected to stretch, so patients cranial damage God Group clinical manifestations, such as swallowing difficulties, hearing loss and so on.
4) in the chronic hernia foramen magnum may be the basis of acute, resulting in the rapid increase in intracranial pressure, oppression medullary changes in vital signs appeared, as well as respiratory and circulatory failure and death.
3. Cerebellar symptoms. When tumor growth backward oppression or violation of the cerebellum or cerebellar feet when cerebellar symptoms. Secretary as a result of cerebellar inter-muscle coordination function, ataxia patients showed that hobbled walk, gait instability, often to the side and rear dumping disease. Patients to reduce muscle tone, abnormal limb posture, the affected limb without rules appear coarse tremor, or intention tremor. In addition to these symptoms of cerebellar damage, the eyes are often accompanied by horizontal, vertical and rotational tremor.
4. Brainstem symptoms. Refers to the symptoms of brain stem tumor invasion and the end of the fourth ventricle, so that pons medulla oblongata by stimulation of the brain or the nuclear destruction of the brain lead to symptoms. Fourth ventricle tumors with brain stem symptoms as initial symptoms are relatively rare, damage to the upper part of the fourth ventricle, the patient appeared earlier intracranial hypertension, primarily manifested as dizziness, nystagmus, forced the first place, and some patients have hearing loss , facial paralysis, facial sensory disturbance, inability to chew, such as nerve palsy outreach. Impaired under the Ministry of the fourth ventricle, so that Ⅸ, Ⅹ, Ⅺ, Ⅻ nuclear involvement of the brain, the patient vomiting, hiccup, dysphagia, hoarseness, cardiovascular and breathing disorders may also occur. Under the Ministry of the fourth ventricle tumor, increased intracranial pressure generally earlier onset of symptoms, and foramen magnum due to hernia of the brain stem and of long oppression beam symptoms, the patient feeling and movement barriers, weak performance easy to fall for the legs , decreased tendon reflexes, and sometimes can lead to pathological reflex.
5. Optic papilla change. Easy due to tumor obstruction of cerebrospinal fluid circulation pathway, resulting in increased intracranial pressure caused by papilledema, the performance of its ambiguous borders, physiological depression disappeared a long time of secondary optic atrophy produced, decreased vision or even blindness patients.