Amebic dysentery Treatment
General treatment: the acute phase Amebic dysentery should be bed rest and, if necessary, to give transfusion. Given under the condition of liquid or semi-liquid diet. Patients with chronic nutrition should be strengthened to enhance the physique.
Pathogen treatment for Amebic dysentery:
1. Imidazole metronidazole or metronidazole: amebic trophozoites to kill stronger and more secure for all types of enteral parenteral amoebiasis, the current anti-Ami drug of choice for the Palestinian disease. Dose of 400 ~ 800mg, oral, 3 times even on the 1st serve 5 to 10 days; children per kilogram of body weight daily 50mg, sub-3 service, on the 7th row. Medication period of occasional nausea, abdominal pain, dizziness, palpitation, no special treatment. Within 3 months of pregnancy and breast-feeding women is forbidden. 100% efficacy.
2. Tinidazole: is a nitroimidazole derivative compounds. On the 1st dose of 2g; children per kilogram of body weight daily and 50mg, the early morning of 1st service, even for 3 ~ 5. Sometimes anorexia, abdominal discomfort, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, itching and so on. Efficacy and similar or better anti-drip.
3. Emetine: trophozoites of organizations have a role in a high level of killing, but Entamoeba mesocaval invalid. This drug to control acute symptoms very effectively, but the cure rate is low, the need for halogenated quinoline drugs such as medication combined volume. Dose of 1mg per kg per day, the adult day not more than 60mg, the general per-30mg, 1 to 2 times, the deep subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, once a 6.
Greater toxicity of this drug, treatment should be bed rest, should be measured before each injection of blood pressure and pulse, cardiac rhythm and blood pressure decreased attention. Toxicity of vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, weakness, myalgia, tachycardia, hypotension, precordial pain, ECG abnormalities, occasional arrhythmia. Young children, pregnant women, have cardiovascular and kidney disease who is disabled. For repeat treatment, at least every 6 weeks.
4. Halogenated quinoline: a major role in the intestine rather than histolytica trophozoites. Of light, Pai cyst effective on patients with severe or chronic and often emetine or metronidazole combination.
Iodoform, 0.5g, 1 3 times, oral, and even served on the 10th, also with a 1% increase in 100 ~ 150ml Iodoform solution for retention enema. The main side effects of diarrhea, occasional nausea, vomiting and abdominal discomfort. Allergic to iodine and thyroid disease were forbidden.
5. Others: Ante amide, oral, 0.5g, 1 3 times, for 10 consecutive days; paromomycin per day per kilogram of body weight 15 ~ 20mg, graded oral, 5 to 7 days; dysentery Ping An, oral, 0.1g, 1 3 times, even serving on the 10th. 3 or more drugs are acting on mesocaval Entamoeba.
In addition to the above drug metronidazole, often two kinds of combination drugs, in order to obtain good results.
Complications of Amebic dysentery treatment: metronidazole in active and effective emetine treatment works, all available to ease intestinal complications. Patients with fulminant mixed bacterial infection, antibiotics should be used. Intestinal bleeding can be a large number of blood transfusion. Intestinal perforation, peritonitis, such as those who need surgery and should be treated with antibiotics metronidazole and under.
Amebic dysentery is good prognosis if treated in time. if with intestinal complications such as bleeding, intestinal perforation and diffuse peritonitis and liver, lung, brain abscess metastatic, the prognosis is poor. Hominis stool examination after treatment should be continued for about six months for early detection of possible recurrence.