Amebic dysentery symptoms
Incubation period of Amebic dysentery is varying lengths, from 1 to 2 weeks to several months or more range, although the patients had been brought under Entamoeba histolytica cyst infection, only a total of habitat to survive, when the weakening of host resistance to intestinal infection as well as clinical symptoms only. According to different clinical manifestations are divided into the following types:
1. Asymptomatic persons with amoebiasis: Although patients with Entamoeba histolytica infection, and amebic protozoa exist only for a total of habitat, about 90% of people do not develop symptoms and become carriers cyst. Under appropriate conditions to attack organizations, cause symptoms of amebic dysentery. Therefore, control origin of infection and prevention of disease caused by the point of view to people living in the cyst should be sufficient attention must be given treatment.
2. Symptoms of atypical acute Amebic dysentery: slow onset, no significant systemic symptoms, may have the abdomen do not know, only loose stools, and sometimes diarrhea, several times a day, but the lack of typical diarrhea-like stool, and colitis is similar to the general stool examination trophozoites can be found.
3. Acute typical Amebic dysentery symptoms: onset is often slow to the beginning of abdominal pain diarrhea, a gradual increase in frequencies per day up to 10 ~ 15 times, they have varying degrees of abdominal pain and tenesmus, which indicated that lesions has spread to the rectum. Bloody stool and mucus, often shows dark red or purple, mushy, with stench, or white mucus on the cover there is a little bright red blood. Patients with systemic symptoms are relatively light, at an early stage temperature and white blood cell count can be increased, trophozoites may be found in feces.
4. Acute fulminant Amebic dysentery symptoms: rapid onset, general nutritional status of poor, ill-rong, a significant poisoning symptoms, high fever, chills, delirium, abdominal pain, tenesmus obvious stool for blood will have the pungent smell from the water were also chair-like or watery stools per day up to 20 times more, with vomiting, prostration, there are varying degrees of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Blood neutrophils increased. Complicated by intestinal bleeding or easy piercing rejection, if not dealt with can be 1 ~ 2 weeks and the death of internal toxemia.
5. Symptoms of chronic persistent Amebic dysentery: Acute infection is usually a continuation of alternating diarrhea and constipation, the course lasted for several months or even years no cure in the intermittent period, can be healthy as usual. Relapse often inappropriate diet, overeating, drinking, catch cold, fatigue, such as incentives, daily diarrhea 3 to 5 times, stool yellow paste, trophozoites or cysts can be found. Patients are often accompanied by umbilical or lower abdomen dull pain hit, there are varying degrees of anemia, weight loss, malnutrition.